I would like to wrap up the rest of this tour using a few simple bullet points:
1) Germany is a gorgeous country with incredibly kind and generous people. Go there and be grateful!
2) When you book an international tour and plan on traveling as much as we did, get a USB stick so that you can work from the road. Things get stressful when your body is ready for bed but your brain tells you there is so much to get done.
3) If you can book your own tour DO IT. If you work with booking agents, try to make it for a handful of performances here and there. Not entire tours. Also, try to work with booking agencies that have similar values to yours when it comes to handling their business. You are perceived by the company you keep (Yes, Mom, I just said that…).
4) If you do what you love for a living, be grateful every moment.
5) Touring with a partner can be a wonderful thing.
6) Jet lag totally sucks. Give yourself at least 2 days on each end to recoup.
7) Learn how to properly pronounce the names of the towns and venues you are playing in as well as a few other handy words, no matter how silly you sound speaking a foreign language.
8) Know that growth takes time. Don’t be stressed if you do not make as much money as you had hoped on the first tour. Think ahead to how you can make future tours even better!
Many more points to come on the next tour. Thanks for tuning in!